In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Street Evangelist - Todd White

So this past week-end we were led to go outside of the box of our routine and in doing so we happened into a service where this evangelist - Todd White was the guest speaker bringing the Word that day.  Little did we know that the Lord had totally and strategically directed our steps to hear this message.

Over the past year God has been stirring me, prodding me, challenging me to deeper and sometimes difficult things. He has been pushing me to confront my traditions.  To deal with my "routines".  To press into Him for clarity and understanding regarding the issues that I am seeking in my soul.  Well, by the first of the year, my husband too was noticing the "shift" and was "feeling" it too but being a totally different personality than mine, he received and dealt with this information in his way.

Well, over the past month, we have totally seen God pealing off things from our life as we totally seek Him in the now and for our future.  We have finally placed our home up for sale and are ready to make the next step into what God has for us.  Nine months ago we felt we had found the place that we were to "go" but we had so many things to "do" before we could make that step.  One by one God has been prompting, stripping, confronting, dealing and pursuing us to get in the river of what He is leading us to do next.

All that said, when we heard this message we were SO on page with it that my husband wanted to stay and hear Todd speak again (he was teaching 2 sessions back-to-back). After about 4 hours listening, God just began to confront me.  He was SO up in my grill convicting me of things I knew but had become timid in.  I haven't been full of the fire that I should have been.  There were SEVERAL quotes from Todd that "spoke" to me but this was one of them that SO challenged me, "Unbelieving believer's believe enough to get to heaven but not enough for heaven to get into them.  So what we need to be is believing believers and walk this thing.  Jesus paid a price for us not for us to just go to heaven but for heaven to get into us, so that we could represent heaven on earth."

I pray you are as blessed as I was by listening to this message.  I will warn you, it WILL divide your traditions.  You will be so into this teaching or so out of it.  He is teaching straight from the Word and it is straight forward and compelling.  What are we doing for Christ's sake?  Jesus said, "...and these signs will follow them that believe..." and he goes on to identify the "signs" of believers.  Really?  Are we really believers?  This is the answers I have been seeking!  I have become a product of this thing called Christianity.  I have become the institution and not the vessel.  Lord, have mercy on me!  I KNOW these things that Todd was teaching.  They are my "beliefs" and have been for years, yet I have not been walking in the authority that God has given me!  The kicker for me has been my man-pleasing spirit.  I have been looking for approval by being "included" in the programs that man has set up.  Again, Todd hit the nail right on the head when he states that he is accepted in Christ.  He drove the point.  I know this and you probably do too.  We have been accepted because He was rejected but after listening to Todd share HIS revelation on this, something shifted in me.  I have been accepted and man CANNOT reject me because I have been accepted!  WOW!  Did you get it?  We cannot be rejected if we are accepted.  NOTHING man can do can separate me from the love of God.  I got it!  It became SO alive to me and with that, the FIRE of God has fallen upon me again!

Enjoy the message!  Be prepared to be stretched!

Walking in Righteousness (part 1) - Todd White
Walking in Righteousness (part 2) - Todd White