In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let My Words Be Few - Matt Redman

Every time I hear this song, I am moved to worship.  I can even find myself struggling to breath at times when I have heard this song.  Let My Words Be Few is such an anointed song and it tugs at the heart of worship.  There is NOTHING else, but Him.  Loving Him.  Knowing Him.  Serving Him.  Worshipping Him.

Think about it.  One day, that day, every knee WILL bend but see, I want to worship Him now as well as then.  I stand in awe of Him.  Don't you?  Do you understand what I am saying?  Do you know Him?  See, if you do know Him you will know exactly what I am talking about.  You can't know Him and not be changed.  He is awesome.  He brings me to that place of awe.  His Splendor.  His Wonder.  His Majesty.  He is simply WONDERFUL!

My children play this song on the piano and I can be across the house and I hear the first few notes and I am moved.  I instantly begin to worship.  I feel His call.  He wooing of me.  His Presence is calling.  Don't keep Him waiting.  He desires to know you and He is letting you find Him.

AWE:  Mixture of wonder and dread:  A feeling of amazement and respect mixed with fear that is often coupled with a feeling of personal insignificance or powerlessness.  Yep - that's it!