In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blessed Assurance - Third Day

So yesterday morning I woke up to the song Blessed Assurance.  You know, the old hymn.  I was so blessed as the Lord was "singing" over me so I had to look up the song again.  Here are the words as sung by Third Day:


  1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
    Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
    Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
    Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
    • Refrain:
      This is my story, this is my song,
      Praising my Savior all the day long;
      This is my story, this is my song,
      Praising my Savior all the day long.
  2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
    Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
    Angels, descending, bring from above
    Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
  3. Perfect submission, all is at rest,
    I in my Savior am happy and blest,
    Watching and waiting, looking above,
    Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Then as I was driving into town, a BEAUTIFUL sunrise that lasted 20 minutes from beginning to end.  I pray that you allow the Lord to minister to you as he did to me.  Wonderful words.  Wonderful