In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

HOPE in this Season!

I woke up singing, "Holy Spirit you are welcome here.  Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere.  Your glory God, is what my heart longs for.  To be overcome by your presence Lord."  It's called Holy Spirit by Brian and Katie Torwalt.  I have shared this song before but this morning the Lord was up to something, I could feel it in my bones, and the something was something GOOD!

Sunrise 12-11-12
After listening to the song about 5 times and singing it over my husband as he was shaving, I went to my computer to begin to seek the Lord as to who needed to be filled up. I posted it as my status on facebook and then saw a friend post about the moon and Venus up high in the morning sky.  She said it was beautiful so I had to go see.

This is the coldest morning we have had in about 10 months or so, it was 19 degrees according to my thermometer but I didn't care, I grabbed a blanket, and rushed out the front door.  Draped in this warmth while in my pj's, I was stunned. WOW - it was breathtaking and inspiring.  I ran back in for my camera as I knew I had to capture this treasure.  MAGNIFICENT, I thought! Here is exactly what the sky looked like, I just watermarked it and framed it.  The air was cold, the atmosphere was crisp and God was speaking!

While preparing the image for this post, I noticed another friend had just posted her photo of God's awesomeness to facebook.  Her's was of an evergreen branch with snow.  I was overcome with the magnitude of God's love for me in seeing her photo and all that God was already doing so I had to post to her wall.
2012 Snow by Corynn Flood

"How WONDERFUL our God is, from the detail of clusters of ice crystals clinging to a branch to the magnificence of the heavens. WOW - OUR GOD REIGNS and he LOVES us SO! Have a FABULOUS day my sister! You are a HOPE ambassador. Everywhere you go, you bring the HOPE of Glory that the world LONGS for! WOW- what a job you have!"

Did you catch that word of exhortation that the Lord gave me for her?  That WE are called to be "ambassadors of HOPE"!  My pastor has been teaching on HOPE (look for 12-09-12 Steve Fish HOPE Prophets part 4) for the last few weeks and he really wasn't planning on teaching on it again, but he did.  This message of HOPE has permeated my spirit and accosted me. He shared that in this hour, God is raising up "Ambassadors of HOPE" or "Hope Prophets".  See we are to be pouring out on to others the "Hope and Glory" that is in us but here's the deal; you can't give what you don't have.  

He went on to say that, "Hope is the seedbed for Faith.  Hebrews 11:1".  In my walk, God has always filled me with Faith and now my HOPE is being charged because my faith has been rising up!  Do you see?  We need to RISE up!  Hope is founded in Love so I encourage you to take time to be filled with LOVE from your daddy, your papa, your Lord and Savior, JESUS CHRIST!  Take time to let the Lord LOVE YOU!

Here are some of my favorite songs that minister life to me and some have ministered to me over the last 40 years.

I Need to be Still by BJ Thomas
I Met God in the Morning by Lydell (1970's)  I can't find a music track link that was to the tune that Lydell sang it but I did find the words. It was poem by Bishop Ralph Cushman


"I met God in the morning"
I met God in the morning
when the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.
All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.
Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.
Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.
So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day!
By Bishop Ralph Cushman


10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman
Hope's Anthem by Bethel Live

I then was messaged by a friend saying how much he has been encouraged by my family and me.  He stopped his message as he said tears were welling up in him.  I told him that I too cry easily because God is continually melting off the calluses on my heart and the tears are those shavings, pealing off like drops shedding out of my heart.

I then felt the Lord rising up in my spirit to pray for him.  As I was praying, I felt this come out of me for him,  "That God was to make a way where there seemed to be NO way because God is SO about...providing, guiding, teaching, releasing, positioning, reconstructing, healing, restoring...He's got this! Love you brother. May you FEEL the Lord WITH you as you enter this day! Amen!"

This is what happens when YOU get filled up with His love, you become a river that the Lord just begins to pour out onto others.  Be encouraged my friends and find your HOPE in the Lord.

Finally one more message came from a brother in the Lord seeking links and CD's to put into the hands of a dying relative who didn't believe.  I sent him to my favorites:

Pastor Thurman Scrivner
Louis Giglio - Laminin
Case for Christ by Lee Strobel (audio version)

No comments: