In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

...and Jesus slept

I have been following the instruction of the Lord this morning; started the day in a corporate prayer phone call, then made the kiddos breakfast, been listening to scripture, worship, and reaching out to who the Lord is laying on my heart to contact... I have a long list as I feel many are struggling in these days.

What I want to share here is something the Lord gave me to share with one of these friends today, and as I shared it with them, I felt the Lord on it saying to me to make it a public declaration — so here it is.
"Cast all YOUR CARES upon Him, friend. He is with you and for you. Praying for you now, to experience a fresh wind of God upon you. He is moving. He is for us. He is right here with us…sleeping in the boat in the middle of the storm."
In Matthew 8:23-27 we read...
23 When He got into the boat, His disciples followed Him.  24 And suddenly a violent storm arose on the sea, so that the boat was being covered by the waves; but Jesus was sleeping. 25 And the disciples went and woke Him, saying, "Lord, save us, we are going to die!" 26 He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was [at once] a great and wonderful calm [a perfect peacefulness]. 27 The men wondered in amazement, saying, "What kind of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"
I believe we will come through this event... and when we come to the other side, God will be with us in that new day... until then, let's rest with Jesus. FIND HIM IN YOUR STORM. Where we have anxiety is just a place where we haven't encountered the Lord at. Cast ALL your anxiety upon Him because He cares for you. He is with you and will never leave you!

In closing, my husband texted me today and shared this link with me. It is a "home" service done by the senior team at Bethel on March 22, 2020. May it encourage you in your most holy faith... enjoy.