In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meet Me in the Stairwell

I received this as an email and had to share it this 9-11 with you all.  We can NEVER FORGET all that happened to us, our fellow Americans and our country that fateful day in 2001!

Following is a poem called Meet Me in the Stairwell and also a video link called I Was There.  Either way, this is a different view of the tragic events of 9-11.  I hope you will take a minute to read the poem below and also to watch the link above! 

'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL'

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.'

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.'

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.

I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan . I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all knew Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.
 
I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?
Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

- God



This is the end of the poem.  I would like to close this email with a personal  opportunity for you.  There were many on this historic day who were walking in fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ as they faced the end of their lives.  I am sure there were also many who did not spend their lives in fellowship with Christ but because they were given of few minutes to face their destiny, they stopped and said a prayer tasking God for forgiveness of their sins and requested salvation.

My question to you is are you ready?  Have you made this decision to trust in Christ with the REST of your life; whether that is a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month or for many years to come?  You see, one of the 'rules' of this life is no one knows when their days are coming to an end yet we all know our days are numbered.  I pray that you would take a minute and get your affairs in order.  It is simple and historic.

To begin you have to believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and that His death on the cross was as a sacrifice done for you!  Make it personal not just historic!  Take a minute and confess to Father God that you have failed (sinned).  Again, we all know that people fail, this is a time to make it personal; confess your failures, your sins!  Finally, allow God to apply His sons' blood that has already been shed as a sacrifice some 2000 years ago to your life today; not just to cover your sins but to wash them away, as far as the east is from the west.  The whole process that we call salvation is to make historic facts PERSONAL through confession and therefore entering into relationship with God Himself.  We all have heard about Jesus, the Bible, the need for God but have you personally taken it from the realm of historic and applied it to YOUR life?  This is what God wants from us; a personal relationship with Him!  Think about it; the KING of KINGS wants to be friends with YOU!

He sustains me and keeps me going day and night. Without Him, I am no one but with Him, I can do everything. Christ is my strength!  Thank Him now for ALL the great things He has done for you.  This is called prayer...talking to God.  When we begin to extol Him, thank Him, rejoice in what He has done and who He is we move from prayer to Worship.  Worship the God who gave His son as a sacrifice for you!  Thank you Lord Jesus and Welcome to the Family of God!