In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Follow-Up on Miracle!

So yesterday I had a miracle in my family and I shared this GOOD NEWS with almost every outlet I could.  And with that, within hours, I heard feedback.  I wanted to share that feedback here as a point of faith - to strengthen you in your walk.  Sometimes, some people are NOT excited about the things God is doing in your life, for your life or to your life.  Hard to believe, but sometimes, these people can even be other believers.  This is why I am addressing this here.

I will start with some GOOD NEWS!  Always a good place to start.  I have two Christian facebook groups that I am involved in, one is located with many of it's members in my area of the country.  The other group is located with many of it's members in a different part of the country, where I grew up.  I know several people in each group personally.  The purposes of the group is to encourage each other in our most holy faith!  We need that - encouragement!  Everyone needs that!

The one group had the following as feedback, or comments:

  • Awesome! God is so good. I'm am so happy he is safe.
  • Praise God! He is so faithful to His children! Rejoicing with you and your family for the good news that Josh is safe!
  • Wow! God is amazing!!
  • My Father [God] took care of me in much the same way...in a motorcycle accident when I was 17.  Crazy similar.. I know this kind of protection from the hand of God & his angels. Twice... I'm glad to know he's ok and the Peace of God resides with all of you. Powerful stuff my friend.
  • Thank you Lord! What a testimony to tell!
  • How wonderful!!!! Tis such power to not just read and memorize verses but claim them, to say, sing and shout them out loud. What a blessed moment for you and your family to experience.
  • Phenomenal! Do you know, last night I was prompted to pray specifically for [her son] on the road, & when he got back he said he'd had a scary aquaplaning incident & ended up inches from the interstate flyover. So I'm thanking God today for his protection of both our sons!
  • So glad he is safe!
  • Man right by my house! Glad he was ok! As you know my brother just had a major brain injury and still is healing from hitting a deer [on his motorcycle]. I so glad he is ok!! I'm glad someone stopped and helped!
  • What a testimony of God's abundant love!
  • Love this!!!! The Lord has a CALL on that Young man and He is letting him know that he is forever in HIS care!!! So excited about this report!! Woo- Hoo another miracle during the 52 days!!!
There were also 16 other people who also just "liked" the post.


Now, on to the other group.  Remember, both groups are Christians who all profess their love for God. No one HAS to be in these groups, they want to be.  From that group I had 5 likes (seen by 7 others) and only one comment.  That comment is the reason for this post here today.  Let's look at it:
"Guardian Angels were with Josh last night. Praise The Lord. I'm happy for your family. 
Now see if you can get him to use a car as a sign He does not want Josh on a bike anymore. 
You are Blessed!  Amen!"

I was a bit surprised by his "conclusion" that the above writer posted about but then it also reminded me of the story by Max Lucado called The Woodcutter's Wisdom.  I felt I needed to address his post as I felt he missed the whole point; the miracle!  I feel as though he is like MANY Christians today who live under a veil of fear yet they are trying to "talk the talk".  They know in part.  They are not walking the victorious life that Jesus paid for them to have.

The days we are living in are about to become MORE full but God is also going to show-up with MORE miracles and MORE blessings and MORE goodness.  It's His nature to "save the day" and show up "just in the nick of time"!  He never fails, but all too often, we fail Him and give up too easily sometimes even blaming HIM for the trouble in our lives.  Lord forgive us.  With that, here is my response to this brother-in-the-Lord who posted:
"James your conclusion is a bit flawed my brother. My mother almost drowned when she was about twelve, and I almost drowned when I was seven, does that mean we should never swim again?
I got food poisoning from a restaurant several years ago, does that mean I should never eat out again?

My sister-in-law was killed in a car accident because someone else missed a stop sign, should we all put our cars away?  Should I never drive again?

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. - Hebrews 10:39.

I will not live my life in fear. I put my trust in the Lord. This (motorcycle)is his (my son's) means of transportation. He wasn't being stupid. He was on his way home from the young adults meeting at church and then..."it came to pass" (Luke 2:1, 2:11, John 19:36). The enemy sends things across our path, but they don't come to stay, they "come to pass".

People die everyday, James. We can't stop living because of fear. We have to put our trust in the Lord.  We REALLY have to purpose to do this!  I am rejoicing that God's protection was upon my son. I am Rejoicing at God's provision to keep him safe. I have to trust the Lord IN ALL THINGS (Proverbs 3:5). I can't fix everything in life but I certainly can snuggle closely to the one who can!

Don't miss the miracle here, brother. God was watching over him (my son). I believe God is faithful. We either believe the Word, or we don't 
(Matthew 13:58).  We know what people believe by what they do (Matthew 25:31-46). I believe nothing will take Josh (my son) from this planet before the Lord allows it.  I can trust God at His Word.  ALL of His Word. I also believe that God will honor His word, and I know that the fruit of my womb is blessed because God said so.

We can read in the Bible where God's heart was changed by men's appeals. I believe this is why we have a relationship with the Lord. When we walk in Truth, Truth walks with us (John 14:6 - Truth is a person, JESUS!) He is a good God and He desires good things for us, His children. We have a part in this relationship.  He is not some far off God who just throws fire and brimstone down upon mankind.  He LOVES mankind and wishes that NONE would perish (John 3:16&17).

Hosea said (Hosea 4:6)that my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge (this represents spiritual understanding, following God's way), I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

I can't control the blessings or curses of others, but I do have authority over my part of the world. This is why I walk closely with the Lord. I want to know Him, in all things, in all of His ways. He speaks to me. And He wants the same relationship with everyone but few will respond to His calling. He loves us! And He is good!!!"

Maranatha!