In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

REFOCUS and SEE!


Today I am just captured by visions of beauty and thoughts of splendor.  I hardly can express the magnificent beauty that is stirring in my mind and churning in my soul.  There is goodness bursting forth and I find myself grasping at words to express it and then I remembered this:

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. - Philippians 4:8

These are exactly the words to describe the thoughts that are in me; true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good, excellence, praise worthy!  Normally I USE this verse to refocus negativity out of my mind but today, my mind is reeling like it does when I sit on a beach and watch the waves roll in or I see a magnificent sunset or a majestic mountain and yet I am just sitting at my desk looking out to see in the natural a cloudy, dreary day but somehow LIFE, HOPE and EXPECTATION are springing up IN me!

If your "weather" is down or your circumstances are "hard",  I pray you may not be moved by what you "see" in your natural setting, but that you may also choose to "refocus" and set your mind on things ABOVE!

Have a blessed Tuesday friends!  It is a GREAT day to be alive and you are exchanging a day from your life for it.  Don't waste it!