In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holy Spirit - Bryan & Katie Torwalt

He is always interceding on our behalf!
So this song has again rocked my life - Holy Spirit.  I have heard it twice in worship service over the past months but this morning the Lord was singing over me as I woke up!  WOW - I am shook, sifted and spent, my humanness is weak yet He ministered life to me again! How awesome it is to serve a LIVING, active and LOVING God who blesses me with His presence!

Since I was a little girl the cry of my heart has been the presence of the Lord.  More and more I have wanted Him as I have tasted and seen that He alone undoes me - my failures, my lack, my fear, my insecurities, my humanness is melted in His scent, His movement, His very breath is life and His presence, well, basically just overwhelming!  I am wasted again by how BIG and Mighty and Great this God I serve is; yet He takes time to love me!  He has and will forever be welcome in my heart!  Have your way Holy Spirit!

Take a few minutes and quiet yourself as the Lord ministers over you! Let Him love you, fill you, hold you, pour out Himself over you!  Position yourself to be overcome by His presence!  Oh Lord, NOTHING compares to that - YOU ministering to us.  There is no thing that can satisfy like a moment in the presence of a living God!  Get ready to get wet!  HALLELUJAH!  HE IS WITH YOU and FOR YOU and LOVES YOU!

To those musicians reading; I love to play the guitar and am desiring to do more on the piano as well, but I wanted to share not only the words of this song but also the chords too so you can enter fully into worship.  ENJOY!

HOLY SPIRIT
by Bryan and Katie Torwalt


Verse 1
A
there's nothing worth more
                     D
that will ever come close
no thing can compare
                   A
you're our living hope
          D
your presence
Verse 2
A
I've tasted and seen
                   D
of the sweetest of love
were my heart becomes free
                   A
and my shame is undone
                  D
your presence Lord
Chorus
     A
Holy Spirit you are welcome here
     D                               Bm
come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
      A
your glory God is what our hearts long for
       D                 Bm       A
to be overcome by your presence Lord
Bridge
let us become more aware of your presence
let us become experience the glory of your goodness
    D     A/C#     Bm           A/C#
let us become more aware of your presence
    D     A/C#     Bm           A/C#                                                  D
let us become experience the glory of your goodness Lord